Today, aviation represents 2.5% of man made emissions. Huge progress has been made since the 1980s to reduce the industry’s carbon footprint. But the journey is only starting: Airbus is on a mission to connect today and tomorrow.
Our goal is that future generations continue to benefit from aviation as much as the current generations have.
The Airspace Cabin Vision 2035+ is all about reimagining the future travel experience. Passengers and the entire aviation industry are invited to envision a future of flying that prioritises sustainability while maintaining superior levels of comfort. This will be achieved via a paradigm shift leveraging digital processes and tools, bionic structures and a circular design philosophy. What would that look like exactly? Discover what we think!
3 pillars to achieve our ambition
Focus on 3 main drivers, supported by a clear roadmap that has been co-built with key industry players
- Provide full transparency on the environmental impact of cabin parts and operations
- Offer reduced CO2 emission cabin options and more efficient cabin operations
- Establish a framework for cabin end-of-life management and first solutions
- Introduce new cabin interior solutions and materials with low CO2 impact and enhanced customer guidance
- Reduce significantly cabin products’ waste during production and landfill at end-of-use
- Establish new end-of-life management approaches
- Integrate the next generation cabin in a hydrogen-powered aircraft and support the reduction of emissions intensity for the existing fleet
- Zero landfill and incineration of cabin materials at end-of-use (except if required by regulation)
- Establish a circular cabin based on the elimination of waste and pollution as well as circulation of products and materials
Discover the C Suite
the Business Class concept seat that showcases our vision
The C Suite demonstrates the different facets of sustainability from cabin efficiency and weight reduction to new materials and processes, as well as a circular design approach. The concept addresses the need to reduce CO2 emission density by optimising the use of space and applying new technologies.
Jump into the C Suite experience!